We know obesity and excessive weight gain has become a big problem for this country over the years, and that many Americans have terrible eating habits. Let's take a look at a few factors and think about why this is...
Many food companies of the food industry...
1) Bombard us with appealing ads, false health claims, and compete heavily with other companies for our money.
2) Stuff food with additives, such as chemicals and lab-created substances that do little for our health and overall nutrition, like high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, artificial flavors, artificial colors, MSG, artificial sweeteners, hormones, propellants, stabilizers, etc.
3) Do whatever they can to make a profit, through processing and manipulation, making their food look, taste, feel, and smell the best (and last the longest) by whatever means available (even if that compromises the nutritious value of the foods being sold to unwitting customers).
Many consumers of the United States...
1) Don't bother looking at food labels (let alone attempt to pronounce many of the ingredients listed).
2) Don't bother thoroughly researching the nutritious value of certain ingredients.
3) Don't look any further than (mostly consumer-targeted) diet books, diet pills, diet programs, magazines, random doctors' advice, neighbors' advice, TV commercial or talk show advice, etc. in order to know the perfect diet for themselves as individuals with unique health and nutrition needs.
4) Give too much credit to messages on packaging, without thinking of the consequences, or the reality of the situation (i.e., "Fat free!", "Sugar free!", "Excellent source of calcium!", "High in fiber!", "Low in calories!", "No added MSG!", etc... ).
5) Want fast, portable, and cheap food (whether or not it's bad for their bodies).
5) Just don't give a fuck what they eat, as long as it pleases them.
See, I know it takes two to tango. Companies within the food industry use deceiving ads, coercive marketing strategies, and produce hoards of low-quality, manipulated, non-nutritious food for the sake of making profits. Understandably, this is harmful to people - people who are fucking stupid.
This is where I introduce the benefits of natural selection, in defense of the food industry's "deceptive" and "coercive" sale tactics: Those of us who are smart enough to learn what's good and what's bad (through a plethora of intelligent, readily available, relevant, useful, non-biased, informational, educational, and scholarly sources) will learn to weed out the foods that are generally not going to do one's body well, and will thus, live longer and suffer less from the physical/mental defects caused by foods unfit for our consumption. Thus, those who are stupid, will eventually waste away and end up immobile, having to take all sorts of harmful medications, living life in bed or on a couch, getting depressed and eventually lose the will to be active, socialize, or even live, and therefore, these kinds of people will eventually fall out of existence, and will no longer be around for the food companies to "exploit".
So to the food companies, I say, "Go get 'em!", and request that they make as many stupid Americans as possible become fat, unproductive, unhealthy, and mentally ill. The more this happens, the more advantages smart people will eventually have, because there will be such an increased disparity between the health and well-being of smart people vs. that of stupid people, that smart people will be the one's getting more job opportunities, having more sexual partners, having more children, and just overall, doing better in life... so much that the stupid people will eventually just die off (hopefully, anyway). How great?!
Now, if this does not sound right for some reason, I suggest that you stupid Americans out there eating away your livelihoods take time seriously investigating the quality and nutritious value of the foods you eat, and wonder no more about the five-inch overhang of fat on your stomachs, the grotesque amount of cellulite and fat lumps you've somehow managed to acquire before having reached the age of 22, why you can't jog steadily for more than 4 minutes straight (if that), and why the expensive diet pills, diet programs, exercise gadgets, etc. are not actually helping you achieve anything close to your peak physical fitness.
But, if you're just that stupid and you don't choose to adjust your eating habits, and you prefer to ignorantly fill your shopping carts and mouths with whatever you want because you are just that careless and unconcerned for your health or level of physical attraction, and you'd rather live as a gluttonous, taste-loving, ignorant, disgusting, fat, unhealthy, weak-willed, lazy American citizen, well then.... eat away!