Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dear WOI professor... (by anon)

Dear WOI professor,
 
You are a prick. In a class that is supposed to be about promoting different ideas and values, you are doing a ****ty job of letting us as students develop our own ideas. As a professional, if you do not like a particular student, you should respect them enough to not let your disdain show in class. Sadly, you have not granted me this respect and it is evident to other students as well as myself that you do not like me. I'm sorry my beliefs differ from yours but I will not let you try and convince me otherwise. After comparing work with my classmates, your "constructive criticism" seems to be constructive to anyone but me. An educator that truly cares about educating wouldn't blatantly put a student down in front of our entire class like you have done to me. Who are you to tell me that I am not putting any effort into school? I believe the rest of my professors would beg to differ. Get off your high horse and stop being a dick. I don't care that you're a published author and a well traveled lecturer, it doesn't make you a better teacher or person by any means. 

Sincerely,

An extremely frustrated student

1 comment:

  1. Have you talked to your professor? Most problems like this can be solved by communicating. You should try the face-to-face method instead of blogging about it anonymously. It does wonders.

    ReplyDelete