Monday, April 9, 2012

Reality used to be a friend of mine (by anon)


Dear Reality,

I know we've been friends a long time, and don't get me wrong I really like you, but there comes a point in everyone's life where they have to ask themselves if they've outgrown a relationship. I think that our time has come. Please don't take this badly Reality, I know that there are plenty of people out there who still believe in you. For me this simply isn't true. Every day I wake up and look at you and think "This can't be my Reality." I mean I grew up with certain expectations for my relationships. I need honesty, sincerety, genuine stuff you know? Every time I turn my head there you are doing something totally unacceptable. Like just this morning I looked at a news posting of a man who was sent to jail for tweeting some nasty remarks (some guy in England). Understandably people's sensitivities are important to recognize, but then again people say stuff they don't mean all the time. What I'm getting at is that I expect people to be able to put themselves in each others' shoes and perhaps reach some kind of understanding of each other. I cannot do this with you apparently. Some guy shot a kid the other day and the police just said, "go home we'll take care of it." I mean what the fuck man? What were you thinking? All this time I thought, you know, Reality just isn't that way, but here you are betraying my belief in you. It's okay though Reality, we can still be friends, I just can't be in a committed relationship with you o.k.? Maybe we can hang out every once in a while and talk about "the good ol' days" when we were still in grade school and we just accepted each other. Now that I think about it that's what's really been holding us together all this time. I've just accepted you. So it's not your fault Reality, it's me that's changed, not you.

Sincerely,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment