Gov. Walker is backed into a corner. He is saying that Saturday is the deadline for his budget repair bill to pass or else he will have to start laying off public workers.
Here's the corner he has painted himself into:
A. On one wall, he has put his foot down that he will not compromise one millionth of an inch. No how. No way. He even rejected a compromise by one of his own Republican senators.
B. On the other wall, the pressure has been mounting for him to concede something. Let's count the ways:
1. Thousands upon thousand of protesters at the state capitol since last Tuesday. We are on day 10 of protests.
2. Thousands of protesters nation-wide standing in solidarity with Wisconsin public workers.
3. National polls say that over 60% of the public would oppose legislation going after collective bargaining rights.
4. The fourteen Democrat senators left the state to stall the vote.
5. Indiana governor Daniels (R) said that this year is not the year to go after unions.
6. The Indiana Republican senators who introduced anti-union legislation have now rescinded the legislation (well, I guess only part of it). That happened at noon today.
7. Florida governor Scott (R) said that unions are fine as long as the intentions are good.
8. Studies have shown that the Wisconsin budget and pension system are doing just fine, even "healthy." These were reported in earlier posts and comments.
9. If Walker lays off anyone, there will be such an uproar that Australia will hear it.
10. Walker was punked by Angry Beast. A guy posed as one of the Koch brothers and Walker revealed a slimy plan to get the state Democrats back into sessions by saying that he will talk with the minority leader. But while he is "talking" to the leader, the Republican senators will vote through the budget repair bill as is.
11. It has been revealed that Walker is in bed with the Koch brothers.
And there are more, but this will suffice for now.
So what do you think Walker will do? How will this all end? Concessions, major layoffs, riots, jello wars?????? Let's hear your predictions.