Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Politics? (by Crap Choice)

I do in no way shape or form consider myself an expert or even a novice when it comes to knowing really anything about politics. In my opinion all parties have flaws as well as all politicians I cannot be grouped into one party because my ideas are all over the place and I don’t have a tough time picking between the candidates. In order to make my point I would like to reference one of my favorite episodes of South Park of all time. The episode in which the school they go to needs a new mascot and basically it comes down to picking between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. This is how I feel when I look at politicians today. It’s deciding which person I hate least.

But lately I have found myself wondering what shapes these ideas of mine about the different candidates. Listening to their speeches they throw all of these facts and figures and numbers at us to try and sway our opinion their way. In my opinion if one were to look deeply at all of the numbers given by politicians you can account for them being skewed in that candidates favor. Is it so much to ask for someone to just be honest and give us the facts the way they are and to have no agenda just to want to restore our country to the financial stability we once had. To be honest I’m not sure if I would know if that candidate came along because at this point I assume every politician to be completely full of bullshit. I know that this is wishful thinking and those of you who are political snobs will probably tear apart every thing that I have said here. To be honest I don’t care whoever can find a way to fix our country is fine with me.

1 comment: