Sunday, May 8, 2011

Asher vs Chiddy Bang...College is HARD! (by anon)

College students just don’t get the credit we deserve. When portrayed on TV, we are seen drinking heavily, having random hook ups and eating junk food. Now Asher Roth’s version of college sounds a lot better that what I have come to learn in my first year of what I believe is the closest think on earth to Hell.  Like most students, I have about sixteen credits, work, and have a social life. But that’s just the first layer of responsibilities. I don’t know if I just wasn’t mentally prepared when I came to college or I just am being a pansy about my all the crap I have to do but it is literally making me sick. We are expected to keep up with courses that I swear were designed to break our souls (well at least that is what chemistry and biology are doing), work too many hours to pay off all those damn student loans, study late into the night, and then find time to eat, work out, and maybe sleep and shower. With all of these things to do along with all those research papers and projects we are supposed to find time to have a social life that isn’t completely fucked up. Now I actually like living in the dorms but the drama that goes on is insane and makes me thank god I’m no longer high school. How are all these caffeine driven, hormone raging teenagers supposed to live peacefully in a building where we are packed in like sardines? Not possible. So along with all that school work that will determine whether we end up working at P Street for the rest of our lives while our funds disappear, we have to worry about immature kids who we live with. Have you ever seen the real world? It’s a show about seven strangers blah blah blah we all know how it goes. Lots of people want to be on that show but why don’t they just go to college. I mean you’re living with strangers and drinking a lot and everyone eventually wants to scream at one another. All of this stuff that college is just adds up to equal one thing. Stress. How are we supposed to find time to relax when we are too busy to breathe? This year has just worn me out mentally and physically. Although I am proud of the things I have accomplished and all the new true friends I made, I don’t know if it was worth the tears it put on my body. Like literally, I have tears in my stomach lining from stress. Cool huh? No. From now on I think us college kids should just have a day of peace once in a while. And I mean without alcohol for once. I have defiantly learned to appreciate my breaks and am going to spend this summer trying to find time for myself for once. And then I should probably find a summer job to start those loans again. See how it never ends? I’m going to have to go against Asher Roth’s infamous song about college because he clearly never attended. I think that I’ll agree with Chiddy Bang because I would love to be the opposite of an adult right now.  So for those people that love a challenge and welcome it, don’t go do some insane mountain climbing expedition or something, just come to college. It’s pretty much the same thing.

4 comments:

  1. If you think that you're being misrepresented as a student, just wait until you're a Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol

    good one grumps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there's more furlough days to come, so you'll get your breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you should take a break and get your life in order. You are close to cracking. College is supposed to be hard. Just wait until you graduate, if you make it, and enter into the real world. College will look like Sunday school. Damn, got to go, someone is at the door, my dad and mom just passed away, my dog just got out the yard, my son just threw a baseball through the television, forgot to pay my mortgage last month. I wish I were in college again. No worries!

    ReplyDelete