Monday, January 28, 2013

Clean yourself up! (by anon)


One of the most exciting yet stressful things about going to college is living in dorms. Dorms are a good way to create new friendships that will last for a lifetime. While dorms have a lot of positives, there is one dark side…BATHROOMS.

Dorm bathrooms are terrible, no matter what college. After living in the privacy of my own home for the first 18 years of my life, transitioning to a dorm bathroom was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. While janitors at the school do their best to keep it to a minimum, the worst thing about dorm bathrooms is the smell. The smell is unimaginable. It’s like something out of a terror movie and I wouldn’t wish it upon my worst enemy. I don’t understand why people can’t bring air freshener after they finish their business, or why the school doesn’t put an automatic scent releaser in the bathroom. It would be greatly appreciated by every student in the dorm who utilizes the bathrooms.

Another bad thing about dorm bathrooms is the fact that people don’t like to flush the toilets when they are finished using it. There is nothing worse than to walk into a stall and see someone else’s feces or urine still in the toilet, not flushed. I mean really, how hard is it to flush the damn toilet after you use the bathroom? That’s common sense! Seeing things like that make me question other residents of Bigelow Halls home training.

The last and probably the worst problem I have with dorms bathrooms is the fact that the toilets often over flow. There has been a couple times where I’ve walked into the bathroom this semester and the stall has been overflowing. Some of this comes from people not flushing, and some of it comes from the pipes being backed up. No matter what is to blame for toilets overflowing, it’s still DISGUSTING.

In closing, I need to make a public service announcement to all students at UW-Whitewater: CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE IN THE BATHROOM, IT REALLY IS NOT THAT HARD. IF YOU CAN GRADAUTE HIGH SCHOOL...I’M PRETTY SURE YOU CAN FLUSH A DAMN TOILET.

Sincerely,
Your annoyed floor mate J

No comments:

Post a Comment